Supported Windows Versions
RDP is a built-in feature of Microsoft Windows and allows you to connect to Windows PCs. It is available for many, but not all versions of Windows.
Supported Windows editions:
- Windows XP Professional
- Windows Vista Business, Enterprise and Ultimate
- Windows 7 Professional, Enterprise and Ultimate
- Windows 8 Pro and Enterprise
- Windows 2000 Server, Advanced Server and Datacenter Server
- Windows Server 2003 Small Business Server, Standard and Enterprise
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Small Business Server 2011
- Windows Server 2012
Windows editions which are NOT supported:
- Windows XP Home
- Windows Vista Home Basic and Home Premium
- Windows 7 Starter, Home Basic and Home Premium
- Windows Media Center Edition
- Windows 8
Microsoft limits the Windows features in "Home" editions. If you would like to make use of RDP please upgrade to one of the supported Windows editions.
iTap mobile RDP is the most powerful RDP client
iTap mobile RDP supports FIPS 140-2 compliant encryption, NLA and TS Gateway.
Utilizing the RDP protocol, iTap mobile RDP gives you complete control and fast access from anywhere.
With advanced compression and caching technologies, iTap mobile RDP allows you to use your Windows desktop conveniently, even when forced to use 3G or EDGE connections. iTap mobile RDP is also the first client to support RemoteFX efficiently on the desktop.
Compared to other RDP clients iTap mobile RDP can be more than twice as fast as the next best competitor.
Within LAN networks iTap mobile RDP provides far better user experience due to its high rendering performance and low input latency.