This tutorial guides you through the necessary steps to enable Remote Desktop on your Windows XP Computer.
Please note that some Windows XP versions do NOT SUPPORT RDP out of the box.
Navigate to system Properties
- Click on the Windows start button.
- Click with the right mouse button on My Computer.
- Select "Properties".
Allow Remote Desktop
- Select the "Remote" tab at the top of the window.
- In the "Remote Desktop" section select (check) "Allow users to connect remotely to this computer".
- Click on "Select Remote Users...".
Select Remote Desktop Users
- Add any User you want to be able to access your Computer. Then click OK.
- Click OK in the System Properties window.